[Histonet] standard operating procedure H&E

Corrie Vernick cmarievernick <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 08:52:03 CST 2011

Hi,

I am a student and I am working on an assignment writing a mock SOP for the H & E staining procedure, both progressive and regressive. One heading of the SOP is control. I read the book and tried to google for a good answer as to what this part of the SOP entails. I know that controls are run to make sure that the slides are staining properly before new reagents are used on patient tissue. I am wondering if  what I should be putting under the control heading of the SOP is that a control should be run after every stain or reagent change, or if there is something I am missing.

Thank you,
Corrinne Vernick
Keiser University
Orlando, FL U.S.A.