[Histonet] Paraplast X-tra

Kim Donadio one_angel_secret <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 15:47:28 CST 2011

Maybe you got a bad lot that is contaminated causing the knife marks? Also, Ive noticed that if you let your paraffin get to hot, it breaks down and that could be one reason for a consistency issue. Have you changed anything at all recently to your process? Hope this was helpful.

Kim

________________________________
From: Cristi stephenson <cls71877 <@t> sbcglobal.net>
To: Histo Net <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:06 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Paraplast X-tra

Hello Histoland,
We are seeing unusually large volumes of fall out in our paraffin lately.
The precipitate is almost "muddy" or "oily" in appearance.  We noticed it
immediately as it was melting, so there was no way anything else had been
introduced to cause this.  As a result, we are seeing knife marks.  The marks
are not consistent and not attributable to any of the tissue in the blocks.  We
are blasting through blades that have been tried and true for years now.  Are
there any other users of paraplast X-tra experiencing these issues?

Thanks,
Cristi