[Histonet] Paraplast X-tra

Cristi stephenson cls71877 <@t> sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 16 13:06:03 CST 2011

Hello Histoland,
We are seeing unusually large volumes of fall out in our paraffin lately.
The precipitate is almost "muddy" or "oily" in appearance.  We noticed it
immediately as it was melting, so there was no way anything else had been
introduced to cause this.  As a result, we are seeing knife marks.  The marks
are not consistent and not attributable to any of the tissue in the blocks.  We
are blasting through blades that have been tried and true for years now.  Are
there any other users of paraplast X-tra experiencing these issues?

Thanks,
Cristi