[Histonet] help

Lydia Gunawan lydia.gunawan <@t> unimelb.edu.au
Tue Nov 15 16:00:32 CST 2011

Hi there, I am having trouble with Turnbull staining. Anybody can help me?
As I want to detect and quantify iron in the brain for Parkinson experiment, I am using mice(C57Bl6)  brain that were treated with MPTP injection.  So, I have been trying to stain those brain using paraffin section with Turnbull blue but I have no luck.
FYI, I have been using 7% of Potassium ferricyanide in 3% HCL and I incubated for 2 hours, 37'. I also did incubation in triton-x and H2O2 too but still not getting any iron on my sections. Could anyone help me to solve my problem? Thanks

Lydia Gunawan
Oxidation Biology Laboratory
Mental Health Research Institute
Melbourne Brain Centre