[Histonet] RE: HTL Exam

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 08:11:19 CST 2011

AdrienneThanks for your thoughts, however I was not in need of any study help, having passed the exam some time ago, but was posting in response to students questions to try to help and support them. I think your system is good if your goal is memorization. My personal feeling is that while this may allow you to select the correct answer on any MC test in the short term; if you only memorize information it will leave short term recall very quickly, and you will be lacking when called upon to use this information for application, synthesis, troubleshooting etc., in a real lab situation. Memorization is a learning first step, but good to move beyond this level of understanding in your learning process. I am glad that you were able to pass, and I hope you go on to build on your learning through your work in the lab. Best of luck.

Joelle Weaver MAOM, BA, (HTL) ASCP

http://www.linkedin.com/in/joelleweaver