[Histonet] release of tissues back to patient

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Nov 8 12:11:35 CST 2011

Ohio has laws regarding this release- rather recent legislation. This gives rights to fetal tissue that extends earlier in gestation than previously, and by my recollection expands upon the legal rights of burial, autopsy provides to a fetus in previous statutes. I would search your state's revised code, and I know that Ohio's basically lays out the requirements for facilities in the language of its legislation and statute, and this basically writes the SOP for you. If you need to do this by your state's law, then you can use a lot of the language contained and make sure that you are follow the legal obligations in your form(s).

Joelle Weaver MAOM, BA, (HTL) ASCP

http://www.linkedin.com/in/joelleweaver