[Histonet] Formic Acid Recipe

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sun Nov 6 13:41:56 CST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jesus
Hernandez
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 3:41 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Formic Acid Recipe

Dear all,

I was having trouble staining Human embryonic palatal mesenchymal cells with
multi-stain solution. My PI told me to use formic acid on the samples so
that it could increase the permeability of the methyl methacrylate. I am not
sure if this is enough information, but the cells were loaded on
hydroxyapatite scaffolds. I have also tried aniline blue and villaneuva
stain. Any information on how I can make a solution of formic acid is
appreciated along with maybe other stains I could try using. Each sample was
grinded to about 50 microns. Thank you.

Best Regards,

 Jesus W. Hernandez
Graduate Student