[Histonet] low profile vs. hi profile blades

Monfils, Paul PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org
Fri Nov 4 09:16:30 CDT 2011

In my opinion it doesn't make a lot of difference which type you use,
since all you actually use is the 2mm or so that extends beyond the edge
of the knife holder.  What is crucial is that you use the type of blade
your knife holder is designed for.  If you try to use high profile
blades in a low profile knife holder, or vice versa, you will have major
problems.  Also, high profile blades are available in a heavier, less
flexible form for cutting denser tissues.  I don't think the low profile
blades offer that option, though I am not certain since I use only the
high profile format.