[Histonet] Heat Extractor for Frozen Sections

Kurtz, Kevin Kevin_Kurtz <@t> ssmhc.com
Tue Nov 1 12:49:16 CDT 2011

During residency, we prepared frozen sections by placing OCT and tissue on a precooled specimen disc and then putting a heat extractor on top, which both rapidly froze the tissue and created a flat surface.

This seemed to work best when the heat extractor was slightly larger in diameter than the specimen disc, but I've been having trouble finding heat extractors in different sizes.

Our specimen discs are 25 and 30 mm in diameter. Does anyone know where I could order heat extractors that are larger in diameter?

Thank you!

Kevin Kurtz, M.D.
St. Mary's Hospital
Madison, Wisconsin
Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any
attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.