[Histonet] Automated coverslipper with Ventana labels

Esparza, Sandra SEsparza <@t> seton.org
Tue Nov 1 12:29:57 CDT 2011

I use to have a problem with the labels from the Ventana slides on the
Leica Coverslipper. I now use the Trubond 200 slides which are a little
wider (76x26mm instead of the standard 76x25mm) this keeps the labels
from hanging off the sides and it seems to work on the Leica
Coverslipper.
Sandra
Sandra Esparza HT(ASCP)QIHC
Lead Technologist
Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas
512-324-0000  x87061
sesparza <@t> seton.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Troutman, Kenneth A
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 11:52 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Cc: 'TJohnson <@t> gnf.org'
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Automated coverslipper with Ventana labels

In my experience with the Leica coverslipper, I have to hand coverslip
all Ventana slides.  It throws more than it coverslips.  I have tried
running them down quickly and avoiding Xylene on the labels, but that
works only marginally better.

Ashley Troutman BS, HT(ASCP) QIHC
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor
Vanderbilt University Histopathology