[Histonet] Automated coverslipper with Ventana labels

Troutman, Kenneth A Ashley.Troutman <@t> Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue Nov 1 11:52:01 CDT 2011

In my experience with the Leica coverslipper, I have to hand coverslip all Ventana slides.  It throws more than it coverslips.  I have tried running them down quickly and avoiding Xylene on the labels, but that works only marginally better.

Ashley Troutman BS, HT(ASCP) QIHC
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor
Vanderbilt University Histopathology
1301 Medical Center Drive TVC 4531
Nashville, TN  37232

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:04:43 +0000
From: "Theresa (Teri) Johnson" <TJohnson <@t> gnf.org>
Subject: [Histonet] Automated coverslipper with Ventana labels
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"

Hi all,

I wanted to ask if any of you out there are currently using an automated coverslipper and do not have issues with the forks picking up the slides if they have Ventana labels on them.  I have used a Leica and had only very occasionally a dropped slide. Is this your experience as well? Are there other units that would work well for this?

Feel free to contact me off list if you need to.

Thanks!

Teri Johnson, HT(ASCP)QIHC
GNF Histology Lab Manager
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation
858-332-4752