[Histonet] mast cells for arteries

Bryan Llewellyn llewllew <@t> shaw.ca
Tue Nov 1 12:25:02 CDT 2011

Go to http://stainsfile.info/StainsFile/stain/cell/aldtolblue.htm for a
reliable method. It still uses toluidine blue, but the staining is not
based on metachromasia and mast cell granules are dark blue. Most
toluidine blue samples will work, but occasionally one doesn't. Fisher
brand is OK as are many others.

I used to use a section from an acute appendicitis case as the control.

Bryan Llewellyn