[Histonet] back up power for VIPs?

Tom McNemar TMcNemar <@t> lmhealth.org
Tue May 31 05:22:14 CDT 2011

Hello Sheila,

We are using the Smart-UPS 2200 from APC.  We are also on a dedicated emergency line through our facility.  We are running the Sakura VIP 5.  I cannot give you any other specifics about the UPS since I can't get to the back of it but it was recommended and installed by our biomed people.  Seems to work fine.  That model has been discontinued but this is the recommended replacement...

APC Smart-UPS 2200VA USB & Serial 120V

 More Images
APC Smart-UPS, 1980 Watts / 2200 VA,Input 120V / Output 120V, Interface Port DB-9 RS-232, SmartSlot
Includes: CD with software, Smart

http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SUA2200

Hope this helps...

Tom McNemar, HT(ASCP)
Histology Co-ordinator
Licking Memorial Health Systems
(740) 348-4163
(740) 348-4166
tmcnemar <@t> lmhealth.org
www.LMHealth.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sheila Adey
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 9:44 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] back up power for VIPs?

Hello everyone:

We are experiencing lots of quick power outages at work that keeps setting the processors into "power outage" alarms.
Can anyone recommend a back up power product. I was told we can't put them on battery back up b/c of their power requirements???
They are on emergency power.

Thanks for your help in advance. :)