[Histonet] back up power for VIPs?

Victoria Baker bakevictoria <@t> gmail.com
Sat May 28 12:20:34 CDT 2011

Shelia-

I'm hoping that I'm reading this correctly.  You're currently on emergency
or designated line power, but you're experiencing power fluctuations which
trip up the processors.  If this is the case, I have encountered this and it
turned out that the engineering department was working on changing out
generators - but didn't inform us.  They were doing it on what they
considered off hours on the weekends right around the time our processors
would be just starting to process.  If you haven't check with them yet I
would and let them know what is happening.  When it first started to happen
the electrical people came and checked the outlets - which of course, showed
no problems.  They never told us about the generator changes, I had to get a
little ugly to find that out.

Not knowing what processors you have I can't answer about the back up
power.  I know that it is possible to purchase stand alone generators that
can be installed and will provide power in emergency situations but they are
expensive and have limitations as to how long they can sustain power.  It's
been about two years since I looked into them so things may have changed.

Hope this of some help.

Vikki