[Histonet] Follicular staining of Melan A in lymph nodes

Amy Farnan Farnana <@t> nehealth.com
Tue May 24 13:33:17 CDT 2011

Good afternoon everyone,

I am having a strange staining pattern that I have not seen before and I was hoping someone in histo land may be able to help. I am seeing Melan A staining in the follicles only  in a sentinel node. There is no background and the staining is cytoplasmic.  The node is actually negative for tumor and the staining is restricted to the follicles. I have looked online for any articles that may explain this but I haven't seen anything that would explain.

thanks-
Amy Farnan
Histology Supervisor
Northeast Health

Disclaimer: The information in this message is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose, copy, or distribute this message, and please immediately contact the sender.