[Histonet] Pathology Transmission Electron Micrscope&In-Reply-To=

Kenner, Rita kenner.rita <@t> marshfieldclinic.org
Tue May 24 13:52:20 CDT 2011

Hello Jim -  We too are hoping to purchase a new TEM.  I have collected quotes from JOEL, FEI/Phillips, and Hitachi, which range from $295,585(plus the cost of a camera) to $459,960.  We did not seriously investigate Zeiss TEMs, as their new generation of scopes is geared towards nanotechnology, which is above and beyond our needs (and pocketbook!)  Prices may have gone up somewhat since I last requested quotes - I will need to update when we get closer to capital request time.  I also bear in mind that cost of service contracts, cost of consumable parts, and service histories of the various companies are all very important considerations when purchasing new equipment as well. Good luck to you!
Rita Kenner B.S., HTL(ASCP)
Electron Microscopy Lab
Marshfield Clinic
(715) 221-6182

The contents of this message may contain private, protected and/or privileged information.  If you received this message in error, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained within.  Please contact the sender and advise of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail or telephone.  Thank you for your cooperation.