[Histonet] cost to produce one block

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu May 19 14:36:52 CDT 2011

Under separate cover I am sending an article on the subject of direct costs.
René J.

From: Martha Ward <mward <@t> wfubmc.edu>
To: Histonet <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:26 PM
Subject: [Histonet] cost to produce one block

I am posting this question for a co-worker.  She is attempting to calculate the cost of producing one formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded block.  She has the amount of personnel time it takes but is having trouble with the reagents, etc.  While we know there are lots of variables she is wondering if anyone would be willing to share this information with her.  She is getting differing numbers and is trying to figure out which amount is most correct.    Any responses will be kept confidential.

Thanks!

Martha Ward, MT (ASCP) QIHC
Assistant Manager
Molecular Diagnostics Lab
Dept. of Pathology
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
Winston-Salem, NC 27157
336-716-2104