[Histonet] RE: Ventana E-cadherin problem

Walter Benton wbenton <@t> cua.md
Wed May 18 09:05:03 CDT 2011

Sounds to me like you may want to check your slide lots to make sure the charge is consistent. I have purchased slides were there was variability within the back from slide to slide. Also, if you use CC1 and CC2 I would check to make sure that the solutions were not inadvertently switched, since harsher solutions tend to wreak havoc on samples. You may want to pH them as well to make sure they have broken down. Tech support will give you the pH range for each solution if you don't already know them.

I hope one of these will resolve your issue.

Walter Benton HT(ASCP)QIHC
Histology Supervisor
Chesapeake Urology Associates
806 Landmark Drive, Suite 126
(All Deliveries to Suite 127)
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
443-471-5850 (Direct)
410-768-5961 (Lab)
410-768-5965 (Fax)
wbenton <@t> cua.md
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Dessoye, Michael J [mjdessoye <@t> wvhcs.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:00 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Ventana E-cadherin problem

Hello Histonet,

We've been having a recurring problem with E-cadherin from Ventana on Benchmark Ultra.  It's spanned two different lots of antibody.  Our tissues are suddenly falling off the slides.  Negative controls are ok, just seems to be after antibody treatment.  The protocol hasn't changed, it's the manufacturer recommended protocol.  It also seems to happen to various tissue types and fixation times.  We've tried drying the slides longer and it doesn't seem to help.  Anyone else having problems with this antibody?

Michael J. Dessoye, M.S. | Histology Supervisor | Wyoming Valley Health Care System | mjdessoye <@t> wvhcs.org <mailto:mjdessoye <@t> wvhcs.org>  |
575 N. River Street | Wilkes Barre, PA 18764 | Tel: 570-552-1485 | Fax: 570-552-1526

they are addressed.
originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of Wyoming Valley Health Care System.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by Websense Email Security software in conjunction with
virus detection software.