[Histonet] Sakura Tissue-tek Glas Air bubble problems

Jason Yoder jasonlyoder <@t> gmail.com
Tue May 17 09:48:09 CDT 2011

Sara,
The same problem with air bubbles developed for me as well.  I hadn't
changed anything but it slowly got worse. On a hunch I changed the xylene
substitute and it corrected everything.  Can't say that I know why, but I my
guess was that the miscibility with the mounting media was becoming worse.
The shelf life was still good on the mounting media but it had been in stock
for some time.  I don't know if it makes any difference but I cover slipping
manually. Of course, it was our first guess that someone was being
inattentive while cover slipping but it became clear that that wasn't the
case.

good luck,
Jason