[Histonet] uric acid crystals in tissue for gout

Rosie Scrimizzi rosie_scrimizzi <@t> hotmail.com
Mon May 16 17:48:25 CDT 2011

You can also do dab smears with the fresh tissue on a slide, pop a coverslip on top and examine the wet prep under a polarising microscope. I agree routine processing doesn't completely remove UA crystals and an unstained section as described below can be used to demonstrate UA

Rosie Scrimizzi
Siemens Australia