[Histonet] Outdating- Embedding Wax and Mounting Media

John Smallwood jrsmallwood <@t> bell.net
Sat May 14 16:18:36 CDT 2011

  To all Quality Control Purists
There seems to be a growing concern with regards to outdating on reagents and their  continued use beyond this date.  I notice that Histological wax and Mounting media are dated with an expiry date. Just begging the question-should we go back. melt down and re-embed all old blocks in fresh wax ?? Should we recover slip old slides in fresh dated Mounting media. With all the fuss over quality control in the Laboratory and Government Lab Inspection oversight , how can this be ignored and our archives put at such dreadful risk ??

J. Smallwood,MLT.
STEGH
St.Thomas, Ont.
Can.