[Histonet] nuclear bubbling

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Fri May 13 11:59:43 CDT 2011

This is most likely caused by inadequate fixation in formalin which would
protect the tissues from tissue processing.  With such fast turn around
times we are seeing this more and more.  Put formalin on your tissue
processor and use any extra time you may have up front in formalin rather
than tissue processing.  Ideally it takes 24 hrs to properly fix tissues so
they are not damaged by processing and embedding in paraffin, but nobody
fixes that long anymore.

Regards,
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech, LLC
Fitzsimmons BioScience Park
12635 Montview Blvd. Suite 215
Aurora, CO 80010
P-720-859-4060
F-720-859-4110
wk email pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
web site www.ihctech.net

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the Person(s)
('the intended recipient') to whom it was addressed. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author. It may contain information that is
privileged & confidential within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly
any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message, or
any of its contents, by any person other than the intended recipient may
constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If
you are NOT the intended recipient please contact the sender and dispose of
this e-mail as soon as possible.