[Histonet] April 1st Fun

sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com
Tue Mar 29 15:20:02 CDT 2011

The funny part is I hear that can be a fungus control!!
=)

Sarah Goebel, BA, HT(ASCP)
Histotechnologist
Mirna Therapeutics
2150 Woodward Street
Suite 100
Austin, Texas  78744
(512)901-0900 ext. 6912

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:53 PM
To: Breeden, Sara
Cc: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] April 1st Fun

We had a patient we named Oscar Meyer... it was a piece of hot dog that
we put in formalin, the doc grossed it, we cut it (and it cut very well,
I might add!) and they got to the point of looking under the scope
before they realized the joke!  ;o)

Michelle

On Mar 29, 2011, at 2:13 PM, "Breeden, Sara" <sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu>
wrote:

> Dead cockroach on autopsy/necropsy table as legitimate specimen;
> goldfish processed as patient "Barry Cuda"; change family photos to
> total strangers; butterscotch pudding in (unused) specimen jar and
> subsequent tasting with applicator stick; activated charcoal on
oculars
> (a la Colonel Potter in MASH); single hair attached to ocular with
> super-glue (tickling nose); cut fingertips off gloves; pumpkin/squash
in
> animal shapes to slide; bug in block;

foam-rubber-stuffed-box-with-toy-rat-to-burst-out-and-cause-startlement