[Histonet] RE: Off-Topic: April Fool's Day

Cheri Miller cmiller <@t> physlab.com
Tue Mar 29 07:58:08 CDT 2011

We got a large specimen container, ones we use for mastectomies and colons (specimens the paths would need to gross in. We labeled it as a normal specimen, put a large piece of foam rubber inside and then put a rubber Rat inside. When the path opened it the foam rubber propelled the rat out of the specimen bucket LOL. That rat has since become our Histology mascot. We dress him up for various holidays. He is now sporting a green leprechaun hat and a beer mug necklace. I am looking for little bunny ears for Easter ever heard of the "the Cadbury rat"? :) Cheri

Cheryl A. Miller HT(ASAP)cm
Histology/Cytology Prep Supervisor
Physicians Laboratory Services
Omaha, NE. 402 731 4145 ext. 554
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Breeden, Sara
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:26 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Off-Topic: April Fool's Day

What's the best April Fool's Day prank (not causing permanent damage,
please) you've ever played on your pathologist?  You can consider this a
"poll" but the underlying reason is that I desperately need to do
something to mark this occasion - this being my last year in the lab.  I
have three pathologists that are in serious need of some foolishness.
The only thing that comes to mind is MASH's episode with the charcoal on
the oculars of Colonel Potter's binoculars.  I need serious foolishness.
Please feel free to respond off-line to avoid giving away your secrets
and causing you to be discovered for your past transgressions.

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

New Mexico Department of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

1101 Camino de Salud NE