[Histonet] pepsin powder expiration date

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Sat Mar 19 05:33:26 CDT 2011

Dear histonetters,

We have a sigma pepsin powder (7012) in use for our FISH protocol. The
container has to be stored at -20°C, but has no labelled expiration date.

We have been using the same container for the last 18-20 months. Now we have
some troubles with the performance of our FISH-signals.

My question is for those, you have experience with this kind of product:

How long can such pepsin powders be used without lost of activity?

Thanks in advance

Gudrun Lang

Histolab, Austria