[Histonet] paraffin for pathology lab.

Goins, Tresa TGoins <@t> mt.gov
Thu Mar 17 14:16:09 CDT 2011

It sounds like you are looking for paraffin for infiltration (not embedding).  If this is so, use a paraffin with shorter polymers like Richard-Allan Paraffin Type 1 - The same company makes Types 3, 6, and 9 but these longer polymer paraffins are designed for sectioning and ribbon formation.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of canan atacan
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 10:33 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] paraffin for pathology lab.

Hi all

I have a question. If you spent time and answer this I will be appreciated.

To use in our pathology laboratory we need to get beaded paraffin. I need to order it from companies.

According to my research I understand that the oil content, penetration depth ... important for this product and I dont know what should % of this oil content be?

It will effect penetration dept? We need to get 56-58 C melting point parffin.

Please inform

thanks alot

Canan