[Histonet] Light hematoxylin staining in H&E

Jordan, Velma velma.jordan <@t> gwu-hospital.com
Tue Mar 15 20:19:30 CDT 2011

We have been troubleshooting complaints of hematoxylin staining light in our H&E. The main complaint is no differentiation between the nucleus and cytoplasm. We are using Richard-Allan hematoxylin ,eosin,clarifier and bluing. We tried surgipath, changing times, pH the H2O and any other thing we could think of, but the problem remains.  Does anyone have a suggestion?  Velma Jordan

UHS Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this information is prohibited.  If this was sent to you in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.