[Histonet] Control Slides

pruegg <@t> ihctech.net pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Tue Mar 15 07:55:54 CDT 2011

   I do not melt dry my cut control slides until i need to use them,   i  do store them in boxes at 4c, i have recently run into this problem
      them in th

   Patsy

   -------- Original Message --------
   Subject: RE:   From: "Harrison, Sandra C." <[1]Sandra.Harrison3 <@t> va.gov>
   Date: Mon,   To: "Lee & Peggy Wenk" <[2]lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net>, "Amador, Amanda"
   &l   uthwestern.edu>
   We  dry  the  control  slide at the same time tha   being
   stained,  since  controls  are  supposed  to  be han   manner as
   the test tissue. That being said, I guess if    that rule, we would cut the control on the same    sample. :-)
   "Other people say that, after   they  dry  the  slide,  they  dip  the slide in paraffin, to cover the
   tissu   so
   that  the  air  doesn't touch the tissue during the months before   slide
   is
   used in a stain."