[Histonet] RE: A Spreadsheet for ER/PR Benchmark Comparison

McMahon, Loralee A Loralee_Mcmahon <@t> URMC.Rochester.edu
Mon Mar 7 15:37:23 CST 2011

Sorry folks I meant to say 20% not 5.  Use a spread sheet in Excel and a formula

Loralee McMahon, HTL (ASCP)
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor
Strong Memorial Hospital
Department of Surgical Pathology
(585) 275-7210
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of McMahon, Loralee A [Loralee_Mcmahon <@t> URMC.Rochester.edu]
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 3:20 PM
To: Wanda.Smith <@t> HCAhealthcare.com; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: A Spreadsheet for ER/PR Benchmark Comparison

Take your total number of Breast cases and divide by the postitive ER cases to get a percentage of cases.
Do the same for the PR and the HER2.
100 breast cases divided by 20 positive ER cases gives you a five percent positive.
 Your percent positive cases should closely correlate with the national average and published percentages.   You could make a pretty graph in excel to go with it, but I don't think that is absolutely necessary.
Hope that helps.