[Histonet] RE: Beecher Instruments

Hugh Luk hlukey <@t> msn.com
Fri Mar 4 17:59:57 CST 2011

Hi Carol,

We have both the Pathology Devices TMArrayer and the Beecher MTA-1.  The needles are not interchangeable, but they are similar (the notch is inverted and will not fit the into the slot).

Our collaborators at NCI's Tissue Array Research Program recommended Pathology Devices to us.  Their "semi-automated" TMArrayer is easier to use than the MTA-1, and I echo Helen's thoughts that Ron Geging is true-to-his-word, helpful and responds quickly.  We purchased our unit almost 3 years ago, and have had only positive uses from it.

For non-research histology labs, Pathology Devices is pricey.  However, if you can afford it and make use of it, I recommend it.

Sad to hear about Beecher.

Have a nice weekend.

Hugh Luk

Pathology Shared Resources Lab Manager