[Histonet] RE: Beecher Instruments

Helen Fedor hfedor <@t> jhmi.edu
Fri Mar 4 15:31:02 CST 2011

We too have tried the Quick Ray, and I think it is fine if you are not in the business. But if you only make a few arrays at a time then it is really wonderful I think for making small control block TMA's it is perfect. You can cut down the size of the recipient blocks to be able to make several out of each of these. The resultant blocks cut like butter. You don't lose a single section and you can cut them easily at 3 microns.

Helen L. Fedor

Tissue Microarray Lab, Manager
Prostate Spore Lab, Manager
Johns Hopkins University
600 N. Wolfe St, | Marburg Room 406
Baltimore, MD | 21287-7065

410.614.1660

From: Mark Tarango [mailto:marktarango <@t> gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 4:20 PM
To: Helen Fedor
Cc: Barone, Carol; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] RE: Beecher Instruments

There is also the Sakuro Quick-Ray System.  I don't know if you've tried that already, but I've used it in the past and liked it.  http://www.sakura-americas.com/products/tisstek-quickray.html The list price is $3950 for the whole kit and the recipient blocks are $68 each regardless of size (1 mm, 2 mm, 3 mm, or 5 mm).

Mark