[Histonet] Mouse cardiac myosin antibodies

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Wed Mar 2 17:24:34 CST 2011

Mark

I took a brief look at the abcam antibody and in particular the review
with the paraffin staining.  If I was purchasing the antibody I would
question the results of that review, since they used a goat anti-mouse
detection system which is not ideal for mouse tissue.  Plus I'm not sure
that the staining pattern is consistent with what I would expect.  I
would expect to see staining of the myofibrils within the cell.  It
appears from the image to be staining nuclei and the outside of the
cell. I would call Abcam to see if they have tested this antibody
internally for paraffin processing or did they completely rely on that
review.  You could also try enzyme retrieval rather than HIER.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592