[Histonet] How many tissues an histo tech is suppose to cut per hour?

Mahoney,Janice A Janice.Mahoney <@t> alegent.org
Tue Mar 1 08:33:19 CST 2011

Hello Jenny,
An experienced tech should be able to cut and average of 1 block every 2.5 minutes.  Embedding is 1 block per minute ave.  Note this is an average.  It includes difficult and easy tissue, cleaning the waterbath after each block, writing/printing the slide number, etc.  There may be variations in each lab that can change these numbers.
Hope this helps.
Jan
Omaha

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jenny Vega
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 4:19 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] How many tissues an histotech is suppose to cut per hour?

I would like to know how many tissues does a experienced histotech is
suppose to cut per hour (routine h&e slides) in the microtome. I am a new
histotech and I would like to know how much tissue do an experienced
histotech cuts per hour. For example if you have 100 tissues per total in
how many hours are you suppose to cut this tissue? or.....tell me how much
you cut at your lab.

Do you have any suggestions on how to cut faster? Thank You.

Thanks