[Histonet] Could you please recommend? Cryostats.

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 19:11:30 CDT 2011

Hi,
    I am also in research, and as such I am at the bottom of the barrel when
it comes to NEW equipment. (Yes even lower than normal histo labs, think on
that!) I congratulate you on being able to wrangle new equipment out of
management. Due to this I can't recommend specific equipment, but I can
recommend specific features. I have used cryostats clinically as well as in
research, and one thing I noticed absent from most cryostats is the ability
to adjust your block. For the life of me I cannot conceive of a reason why a
company would have the audacity to sell a cryostat that does not allow the
block to tilt. If I was in the market for a cryostat, I would not even
consider one without this feature.

Good Hunting,
Amos