[Histonet] How many tissues an histo tech is suppose to cut per

Stella Mireles estellamireles <@t> gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 15:49:29 CDT 2011

Joanne is not alone.

The lab I work at has informed us that due to their own research, a single
histotech should be able to do 100 blocks an hour.
I'm not sure if they expect embedding, trimming, writing slides, sectioning
and manual staining in this goal.

I am a seasoned histotech, and have tried to speak to my lab manager and lab
supervisor, (both are med. techs and have very little insight into what is
involved in producing a high quality slide), but their goal remains the
same.

I have an idea:  I feel like printing some of your responses to Joanne
question and showing them that their goal is unattainable as well.

Any other suggestions.