[Histonet] How many tissues an histo tech is suppose to cut per

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sun Jun 26 09:22:31 CDT 2011

Embedding = 60 blocks/hour; cutting = 24 blocks/hour. These are averages and many HTs embed/cut far more or far less.There are no "beginner's standards".
René J.

--- On Sat, 6/25/11, Joanne <joanne0658 <@t> comcast.net> wrote:

From: Joanne <joanne0658 <@t> comcast.net>
Subject: [Histonet] How many tissues an histo tech is suppose to cut per
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 7:07 PM

i am quite serious in my presentation and request for advice.  i too thought this goal was/is ridiculous to expect/ask for from someone so new and to attain in 6 months or less.  last monday i embedded 214 blocks and cut 148 between 5am and 10:30am (we had almost 600 cassettes to share among 3 people) . . . .for someone so very new i thought this pretty good . . . please note: most days aren't as hectic.  :)  what is an average though for blocks/minute?  what is meant by set sum per block? <---keeping in mind i am new to this field.