[Histonet] need a counter stain for esterase and silver stained slides

Nicole Cosenza ncosenza <@t> siumed.edu
Wed Jun 22 14:05:57 CDT 2011

I have recently stained some muscle tissue with bromoindigo and
urea-silver to examine the neuromuscular junction.  The nerve axons and
endplates stain quite well this way, but I'd like to add some color to
the slide for picture-purposes. Is there a good counterstain (eosin, or
Biebrich scarlet-acid fuchsin) I can dip the slides in to add color,
WITHOUT taking away from the stain already present in the slides?