[Histonet] Light + IF microscope

Houston, Ronald Ronald.Houston <@t> nationwidechildrens.org
Mon Jun 13 14:52:16 CDT 2011

APO stands for apochromatic, indicating an objective with the highest degree of correction for spherical and chromatic aberrations

Ronnie Houston
Anatomic Pathology Manager
Nationwide Children's Hospital
Columbus OH 43205
(614) 722 5450
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Emily Sours
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2011 3:46 PM
To: Bader Siddiki; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Light + IF microscope

Nikon is expensive, but they are very friendly and will fix little things
for you for free (not that they'll tell you that upfront).  Our Nikon
representative is always coming by if we have even the slightest problem and
is willing to figure out weird problems that come up.  Also, they always
check the alignment on our FL bulb because I really hate doing it and I can
never get it right (though it seems so damn easy when the guy is showing me
how to do it!).
We have a Nikon E600 that is decades old and still in perfect condition.
This scope is actually featured on the microscope museum page Nikon runs, I
was very surprised to see it there!
You should try talking to the representative to see if you can get some sort
of deal.  They are very friendly and very willing to work with you.  I would
tell you to talk to Adam Henry but he works for Pennsylvania only.  He's
excellent!
You might be able to get something used from them, you never know.
Personally, I'd pay for something new, no matter how expensive (of course,
who isn't working under a grant right now? me! so I shouldn't really talk
about spending loads of money!).  Nikon is a good brand and definitely worth
the cost.
Also, pay for the APO objectives, it's worth it.  You can tell the
difference.  I have no idea what APO stands for, but they work better than
regular ones.

Emily

A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted.
You should live several lives while reading it.
-William Styron

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Bader Siddiki <baderbo <@t> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Histonetters
> I need your professional advice.
> We are a small IHC and IF company looking for a good microscope.
> We have investigated in Nikon;s they have 50i and 55i microscope that one
> can use for IHC and IF with proper attachment, but pretty steep price.
> Do you have any recommendation for a good quality microscope w/ IF
> attachments.
> May be one of you have a microscope like this and want to sell at a
> reasonable price.
> Your expert advice and recommendation will be appreciated.
> Thank you.
> Bader
>

> Bader B Siddiki, PhD
> Executive director,
> Research and development
> ImmunoBioScience Corp. (IBSC)
> Phone: + 1 425 367 4601
> Fax: + 1 425 367 4817
> cell (mobile) phone: + 1 425 314 0199
> e-mail address: BaderBo <@t> Gmail.com
> Web site: www.ImmunoBioScience.Com
> Marketing: phone: + 1 650 343 IBSC (4272)
>                E-mail: AnitaIBSC <@t> Aol.com
The following mail message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. The recipient is responsible to
maintain the confidentiality of this information and to use the
information only for authorized purposes. If you are not the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the
intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any review, use,
disclosure, distribution, copying, printing, or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Thank you.