[Histonet] RE: Re:Peloris users

Rathborne, Toni trathborne <@t> somerset-healthcare.com
Fri Jun 10 13:39:37 CDT 2011

I'm wondering which baskets were used (the ones with the spacers?) and which cassettes (the ones with the solid sides, or slotted?). Does the problem occur without using these recommended items?

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Setlak, Lisa
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 1:46 PM
To: 'Seguin, Suzanne'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Re:Peloris users

Wow, I feel like I'm listening to myself speak. We have the machine for about the same amount of time as yourself and yes we have had tissue contamination. I can't say it's super bad but we've had several cases recently where as before we rarely ever had it. Unfortunately I'm not sure what causes it and I think it got blamed on the grossing person or embedder in our cases. I'm interested to see what everyone has to say about this.
Lisa