[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 91, Issue 9: Fite control block

Mayer,Toysha N TNMayer <@t> mdanderson.org
Tue Jun 7 12:54:51 CDT 2011

Try LSU-School of Veterinary Medicine, Hansens Disease Center.  The center is a division of the CDC, and they may be able to provide blocks for controls.  They actually did a lot of research on mycobacteria.  When I worked at the Veterinary School, Hansen's would provide them as a service to the public.  The contact person used to be Joe Allen.
Hope this helps.

Toysha N. Mayer, MBA, HT (ASCP)
Education Coordinator
Program in Histotechnology
School of Health Professions
MD Anderson Cancer Center
(713) 563-3481
tnmayer <@t> mdanderson.org

Does anyone know where I can get a Fite control block?

Kimberly Artim, AST, HT (ASCP)
Technical Coordinator, Anatomic Pathology
St Lukes Hospital & Health Network
801 Ostrum Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
610-954-4832