[Histonet] Re:Peloris users

Seguin, Suzanne SSeguin <@t> hrsrh.on.ca
Tue Jun 7 12:08:04 CDT 2011

Hello,
We have been using this tissue processor for 1 year now. During the last
3-6 months, we have experienced an unreasonable number of cases reported
with tissue contaminant in paraffin blocks. We use regular tissue
cassettes as well as the biopsy and micromesh style. While using this
processor I have also witnessed tissue fragment into smaller pieces
while processing. Because the Peloris uses a relatively large magnetic
stirrer, I'm wondering if this could be a cause for the contaminant. Has
anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks

Sue
Charge Technologist - Anatomic Pathology
Sudbury Regional Hospital
41 Ramsey Lake Road, Sudbury, ON P3E 5J1
(Tel (705) 523-7100 ext. 1209
 Fax (705) 675-4776
sseguin <@t> hrsrh.on.ca