AW: [Histonet] alcianblue riddle

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Sun Jun 5 12:01:26 CDT 2011

Have you checked the pH in the coplin jars? Perhaps someone has labelled
them wrong?
Or is there any dilution-effect while staining, that raises the pH? I think
about covering tapwater-wet slides with little amount of dye-solution?
Or the acetic acid is too old, so the right pH isn't reached from the
beginning?

Gudrun

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von mohamed
abd el razik
Gesendet: Samstag, 04. Juni 2011 18:00
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] why no replay????

thanx to all kind replays from sgoebel, Paula Pierce and JR R.
but i know that Alcian blue 2.5 stain most acidic mucins and pH 1 stain
sulfated one. my quistion is:  i found in several serial section on
intestine that 100 goblet cell react to AB ph 1 and only 50 cell reacts to
AB 2.5 why?????? it should be the reverse numbers as at pH 2.5 all acidic
sulfated or non sulfated are stained. in other words, ph 2.5 should stain
100 cell as ph 1 stains 100 cell at least. so i'm confused about that and
replay or staining several times according to Bancroft and Farida and these
was confirmed