[Histonet] RE: Counter top immunos

Goins, Tresa TGoins <@t> mt.gov
Thu Jun 2 09:32:05 CDT 2011

We also do our immunos manually - but we use no kits.  I do not promote but do suggest:
 - Biocare Vulcan Fast Red as chromogen - air dry slide after counterstaining with hematoxylin, then coverslip
 - KPL for linkers
 - concentrated antibodies; ready-to-use are good to check to see if the assay works, but shelf-life is longer if concentrated

Good luck and have fun!

Tresa Goins
Histopathology Supervisor
Department of Livestock
Bozeman, Montana

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Marshall, Kimberly K
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 7:57 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Counter top immunos

Hello Histo folks

  Hope everyone is having a great week....I am writing to get some info
on immuno kits for staining just by hand, like back when I first started
in this field.  We are a small lab in Alaska and all of our immunos are
sent out of state,  We are looking to do some of them here and try to
save money, but don't really need a stainer.   So are there any kits
that are better than others?  Is there anyone that does immunos this way
that would give some much needed advise???

  Again thanks in advance for all the imput...

Kimberly