[Histonet] Water droplets on slides

Esther Peters epeters2 <@t> gmu.edu
Sun Jul 17 18:10:36 CDT 2011

I am having problems with water droplets appearing on slides when
transferring the rack from the last 100% dehydrant (Richard-Allan) to
either SafeClear II or xylenes. I saw that some of you had noted this
problem might be in the xylene substitute, but switching to xylene
seemed to solve it. I am wondering if the "100%" isn't? I have poured
immediately before use from freshly opened bottles, and still have the
problem. Would appreciate any help (of course, the humidity is high
right now, but...)!
--
Esther C. Peters, Ph.D., Assistant Professor; Department of
Environmental Science & Policy; George Mason University