[Histonet] Light microscopy to get orientation for fluorescent

Otto Strauss olstrauss <@t> gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 01:01:05 CDT 2011

I am trying to do fluorescent immunohistochemistry on liver tissue. Unfortunately because the liver is such a homogenous tissue it is difficult to get an appropriate orientation with just fluoroscopic views.

I was wondering if there is a way of staying with non fluorescent dyes(like H&E) so that I can get a picture with light microscopy, to have orientation within the liver when viewing it with fluorescent microscopy?

Regards.

Otto
Auckland
NZ