[Histonet] Re: Embedding Media

amitapandey <@t> torrentpharma.com amitapandey <@t> torrentpharma.com
Mon Jul 11 01:07:47 CDT 2011

I continuation of same discussion , i would like to have clarification for
our lab..we use ....beaded paraffin "Leica Paraplast"  both for processing
and embedding . Do you advice us to use different paraffin for both steps?

Paula, Please share if you get any feed back on Richard Allan product.

Amita

From:   "Tim Higgins" <thiggins <@t> cddmedical.com>
To:     <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date:   07/08/2011 11:34 PM
Subject:        [Histonet] Re: Embedding Media
Sent by:        histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Hi Paula,

Obviously there are no "compression free" paraffin's on the market.  Look
for a paraffin with a higher polymer content, this makes the paraffin
firmer
and less likely to compress.  Other factor for into section compression
but
paraffin is a good place to start.

The higher polymer paraffin's are not as suited for processing, it is more
for the embedding portion of the process.

Use a paraffin with lower polymers content in the processor and higher for
embedding and you will like the results.

Tim