[Histonet] Fluorescent Label for Collagen-1

Till Dettmering t.dettmering <@t> gsi.de
Sat Jul 9 12:52:12 CDT 2011

Dear Histonetters,

I'm performing fluorescent microscopy on PFA-fixed, paraffin-embedded rat tissue. I need to stain Collagen with a fluorescent label. I was trying a goat-anti-hu/ms/rat-Col1A Ab from Santa Cruz (sc-25974) but I simply can't see a signal. My question would be whether one of you can recommend either an antibody which actually works for rat tissue or an alternative fluorescent probe I could use. I recently read about the Collagen-binding protein CNA35, which looks very promising, but I don't have the means of labeling this protein for myself and I couldn't find a vendor for a labeled version of CNA35.

I'd be glad to hear your thoughts and ideas on this topic!

All the best,
Till