[Histonet] Number of blocks before a processor change???

Patricia Valente pvalente <@t> sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 9 12:44:34 CDT 2011

We rotate one of each solution type(including wax) every 50 blocks or every 2
runs(whichever occurs first).
Helps counteract carryover from sponges and seems to work better and conserve a
little on reagents than when doing complete change less frequently.
Note: we rune a large number of small biopsies using sponges.

Pat Valente
Histo Manager
Healthtronics
San Antonio

________________________________
From: Sheila Adey <sadey <@t> hotmail.ca>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Sat, July 9, 2011 8:31:52 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Number of blocks before a processor change???

Hello:

We currently change our processors every 5 runs.

I am thinking it would be more cost and time effective to count the number of
blocks before doing a change. If you count your blocks could you share with me
at what number you do a change. We run all types of tissues.
We use a gallon of reagent in each position. Vip5.

Thanks in advance. :)