[Histonet] Number of blocks before a processor change???

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 09:36:36 CDT 2011

I always counted the number of blocks processed per run. When my VIP reached its maximum (e.g. 300 blocks), I changed all the alcohols of less than 100%, and moved "down" the 100EthOL, the xylenes and the paraffins (meaning eliminating the first 100 EthOL, xylene and paraffin, and replacing the last).
René J.

--- On Sat, 7/9/11, Sheila Adey <sadey <@t> hotmail.ca> wrote:

From: Sheila Adey <sadey <@t> hotmail.ca>
Subject: [Histonet] Number of blocks before a processor change???
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 9:31 AM

Hello:

We currently change our processors every 5 runs.

I am thinking it would be more cost and time effective to count the number of blocks before doing a change. If you count your blocks could you share with me at what number you do a change. We run all types of tissues.
We use a gallon of reagent in each position. Vip5.

Thanks in advance. :)