[Histonet] RE: Specimen Collection Instructions

Wanda.Smith <@t> HCAhealthcare.com Wanda.Smith <@t> HCAhealthcare.com
Fri Jul 8 07:52:26 CDT 2011

Mike,
Pathology and Lab print a collection manual every few years with the requirements for blood test (tubes, amounts, etc) and collection requirements for cytology and tissue specimens (fresh, frozen sections, fresh fluids).  We also have the manual on-line and we give the physician offices access to this on-line manual if they have any questions.  It seems to work well for us.  The on-line manual is best because if you make changes, you don't have to reprint the whole book.
Hope this helps!!!
Wanda

WANDA G. SMITH, HTL(ASCP)HT
Pathology Supervisor
TRIDENT MEDICAL CENTER
9330 Medical Plaza Drive
Charleston, SC  29406
843-847-4586
843-847-4296 fax

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL information and may be read or used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at the number listed.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Mike Pence
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 2:55 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Specimen Collection Instructions

How has everyone handled this  question GEN.40104
Instructions are distributed to physicians and paramedical personnel for
proper collection, handling, transportation, and preparation of
cytologic and tissue specimens.

I feel this question is asking me to spell out to a Dr how to collect
his/her specimens. To me this is like telling him/her how to practice
medicine.

I hope someone would like to share what you have seen that works.

Thanks, Mike